Monday, January 17, 2011

Missing Posts Means:


I really, really love my fabric transportation device. I have had it for about 2 months so far, and cannot express my happiness enough. I can even fit kids in there....and a Starbucks.

BUT:




I am sad now because I have a very sore neck and this:





I can't say for sure, but I am pretty confident that the 20 something year old gal that plowed into my front driver's side wheel was texting as she flew through her light. I have many pet peeves in the driving world but the two that top my list are people who follow too close and people that text (or talk on their cell) while driving. I swear if my neck didn't hurt so bad when she casually walked up to my window to ask me '' are you alright?'', I would have taken the phone out of her hand (yes, she still had it) and bounced it as hard as I could off of her forehead.

I went to the hospital on a back board as a precaution. All of the x-rays and scans done say that I ''only'' have a torn neck muscle, and worst case, some disc movement. (O.K., I am not complaining too much here, I know it could have been a whole lot worse.) Both of the kids were with me and didn't even suffer a bruise. (Thank the Lord!) The firemen that took them out were very happy with my seat belt skills on the kiddos, and quite honestly, so was I.

At least I was provided with a decent rental. One that can hold a crap-load of fabric...and two kids. The unlimited mileage says ''Paducah!, I have yet to visit you. Let me call ahead with my credit card numbers.''

I am now going to look forward to posting about happy things like mug rug exchanges, projects to get done, and rainbows.

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm glad everyone is ok! Your pretty car doesn't look so good.

Wendy said...

Give me her number and I'll call and thump her for you! Geez!! I'm so sorry ... holy frickin' criminy!! Glad your seatbelt skills "held"!! Take care of yourself and send some pics from Paducah :)

Tina Craig said...

Oh my goodness, Monica! I'm glad you and the kids are OK (relatively). My daughter just got her license this week and I'm glad they are teaching these kids the dangers of texting and driving.