Thursday, October 9, 2008

If I Were 'Desserted' on an Island...



I needed to clean just a little before posting this picture of my island in my kitchen. I find it just amazingly funny that almost every person who walks into this kitchen says: "Wow! I wish I had an island this big, I would spend so much time in the kitchen cooking!" Grass is always greener, I tell you. When I first saw this island I thought "Now THAT is a Texas-sized area to cut fabric!" (with enough extra room on the side for a chocolate dish and coffee cup.) It really bothers me that I am forced to defile that area every evening with food and kitchen-type stuff. Now, just so you know, I am not a bad cook; but Oreos need some love too...and you can't make those in this room. As soon as I get the dishes done, the Olfa mat and cookies are going down.

3 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love Oreos. And love that island - I would have thought just like you...perfect for cutting fabric! blessings, marlene

Kathy said...

OMG! What a great cutting table -- it is perfect! The heck with cooking! Just feed you family those Oreos and milk. LOL

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Ok--great for cooking--but let's see that quilting space. Anything less and it's MOVING TIME--LOL
(beautiful kitchen!!)