Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ta-Da


I have a feeling that Carol woke in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat from a nightmare. She was probably dreaming that I had decided to keep her round robin quilt for myself. In her dream, I am sleeping like an angel under the most beautiful compass in the county. It is probably hand quilted with intricate feathers and miniature cross-hatching. Maybe even has a label on the back that says "To my wonderful friend, Monica. Love, Carol."
Wow, I guess that would be a nightmare for her. Carol, if you are out there. I promise that I didn't put a stitch of binding on it. It is safe and sound, awaiting its next (freaking awesome, beautiful, monica-made) border. I have my EQ6 program holding on to the border so it will have to be a surprise to all of you when I get that one done. Selling our old house kind of put my quilting, blogging, and potty-training on hold. But now...I am climbing out of the wood works again. Trust me. I have a lot to talk about.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh Monica, I'm so glad you're back. I was getting worried. The RR looks fantastic. You and that
EQ6 are really talented. Can't wait to see more.

Kath said...

Hey girl - that is beautiful! You are so cleaver and talented. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Hey - BTW - where is mine?

Kathleen