Monday, September 22, 2008
- A. Attached or Single? attached
- B. Best Friend? My sister, JoAnn
- C. Cake or pie? You mean which one would I eat first? Pie (Pumpkin)
- D. Day of choice? Mother's Day
- E. Essential item? Carmex or Cherry Chap-stick
- F. Favorite color? Yellow...and believe it or not I am not a fan of purple! Shocking!
- G. Gummy bears or worms? Gummy bears...read a prior post.
- H. Hometown? I don't really have one, but if I had to pick...Sherwood, North Dakota
- I. Favorite indulgence? Retreats at The Compass Centre (http://www.compasscentre.com/)
- J. January or July? July in North Dakota and January in Texas!
- K. Kids? Well, O.K., but two more and that's it. (one daughter-12yrs, one son-2yrs)
- L. Life isn’t complete without? my friends, my family, my husband, and coffee.
- M. Marriage date? No, my husband won't let me.
- N. Number of brothers and sisters? Three brothers and Three sisters (I am the oldest)
- O. Oranges or Apples? Apples, unless we are talking about those chocolate orange balls that you whack against the table then cram into your mouth like a squirrel on a 10 day starve.
- P. Phobias? Cockroaches, June bugs, pretty much anything that could land on my face or head and make me do the icky-bug-seizure. give me a snake or rat any day.
- Q. Quotes? "Blessings are like buttons; people seldom notice them until one is missing." This is how I got the name for my blog.
- R. Reasons to smile? "Were going out for dinner, Honey"
- S. Season of choice? I know this is supposed to be a time of the year but I really have to say Cinnamon.
- T. Tag 5 people: I never tag any one...I never like to pressure anyone except my husband.
- U. Unknown fact about me? I have a very strong American Indian background. (Oglala, Sioux) My Grandmothers cousin is Russell Means., you would never guess that because I am also half German-Russian so I am as white as fence primer.
- V. Vegetable? I would prefer to be called 'intelligence-challenged' what? oh...Sweet Potatoes.
- W. Worst habit? Biting my nails...I know, I know...Gross. But I don't smoke. and I don't drink more than a bottle of wine a day.
- X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Lets hope that I don't have to choose.
- Y. Your favorite food? French, Italian, German, Moroccan, and Chocolate.
- Z. Zodiac sign? an out-of-balance Libra...I am a walking oxymoron.
Wow, that was more fun than I have had in two whole hours! Now, I better start learning a thing or two about a few of you out there since I had to lay my heart and soul out there for everyone. Just remember...there is info. and there is TM info.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
I am almost finished with the border that I have made for Kathleen, who is one of the famous and talented Wackies. The attached picture is only what the quilt looked like before I got it. Oh, and it is a EQ6 picture. I have added my border to the outside of this one. It is so nice to just throw a quilt into a computer. I have saved so much time and fabric by trying different designs and colors on my virtual design wall. My seam ripper gets some cool-down time too. The border should be completely done tonight (early tomorrow morning) or tomorrow evening. All I have to do is drink a pot of coffee...after cutting the coping border, and sew. Unfortunately, when I finish this one I will not be able to share pictures until Kathleen has seen it, since she reads my blog every now and again. Or I could really mess with her and put one of my EQ6 pictures up showing a border with clown or leprechaun skipping around with candy and pots of gold. O.K. Everybody reading this, don't tell her. I'm gonna do it.