Friday, April 18, 2008

Can you exercise in pajamas?

I went on my morning walk again with my neighbor. We push strollers with kids in them. I suggest to everyone who walks for health to start pushing a stroller with about 30-50 pounds of weight in it. I don't care if you have kids or not. I have lost about 4 pounds in the last week and a half doing this. Now I am not going to start a new product line of weights and powder drinks or even write a book about how I lost all of this weight, but it does make you wonder how someone as stagnant as I, can all of the sudden start a walking program without my body rejecting me. I get home when I am done and I am mentally ready to start my day. Whereas before, I would do house cleaning and child chasing in pajamas until about noon or so. This is not to say that I slept in before either, I was just kind of a cozy homebody. Being holed up during long winters in North Dakota probably had a lot to do with my 'I-can't-leave-the-house-unless-there-is-a-sale-at-JoAnn's' way of thinking. Even then I would look in the mirror before leaving and ask myself if the JoAnn's employees would care if I failed to brush my hair or wore bunny slippers. No, you are looking at an all new and improved Monica. Next thing you know I will be walking ALL the way around the block. (I could do it if I didn't have the stroller, for sure)

1 comment:

J said...

Hey Monica!

Thanks for ur comment. You're right, i do love old Willy. Too bad he doesn't travel to France.

Great technique to exercise. I know a friend of mine who should give it a try :)

Julien